by Todd Sivers
How can you become 80% more effective immediately? 20 Years ago, I started my own business. With hard work, it created a nice income. But the dream of owning my own business became a nightmare.
I didn’t feel like I owned my business, I felt like it owned me. I didn’t have a boss, I had several of them, my clients. I didn’t have to please one person, I had to please hundreds of people. And I had to please those people in many different situations, working ridiculously long hours. I didn’t have any of the benefits that my employee friends had.
By the time I got initial investments paid off, equipment needed to be upgraded or replaced. So the debt cycle started all over again. I was completely checked out at home, leaving my wife to function as a single parent, with nightly visits from an exhausted absentee father. I became resentful of my business, my customers, and eventually of every aspect of my life.
Then I discovered a very simple concept that completely changed my life. One new idea took me from working 70 hours a week, and struggling to get everything done, to working 25 hours and making more money. I not only made more money, I reduced my costs and headaches exponentially. And I did all of that all within a few months.
What I discovered wasn’t actually a new idea. It was an idea that had first been published by Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, in 1909, the year before my grandfather was born.
Pareto’s Law told me that 80% of my income stemmed from 20% of my labor, so I simply quit doing the other 80% that only provided 20% of my income. I focused on doing the 20% that paid the most more efficiently. It was awesome! But it planted another idea in my head, one that was even more powerful. It was a question that haunted me day and night. I couldn’t escape it. Everywhere I went and everything I did seemed to reinforce the power of this burning question: What else?
What other wonderful, life-changing ideas are out there waiting for me to find them? How many more lives could be radically improved? And how much more improved could they be? So I began a quest, an obsession really, to discover simple systems, ideas, and shortcuts that give people greater lives with less effort.
For twenty years I’ve been studying psychology, behavior science, personality theory, neuro-linguistic programing, self-esteem, history, brain science, business development, marketing, leadership, relationship dynamics, and supertexts, books that have endured far a millennia or more, like the Bible.
I’ve attended conferences and seminars all over the U.S., and I’ve read over two thousand non-fiction books.
People started turning to me with questions about relationships and habits and all sorts of problems… and I was able to help them. I was as surprised as anyone, and I still see that ability to help others as a burden. It isn’t just an ability, it’s a responsibility.
Along the way, I’ve become increasingly aware and concerned about the millions of people who have had negative experiences that stopped them in their tracks. The people who stopped dreaming. The people who settled into what Henry David Thoreau described as ‘a life of quiet desperation.’ And after 20 years of one business venture after another, I’ve turned my focus to them. I’m out to get them dreaming and pursing their dreams again. Join us for FREE and I’ll help you pursue your dreams farther and faster than ever before.
The 9th Day - 7 Ways